Oliver Valvetek - Subsea Check Valves
The Oliver Valvetek 3/8" Check Valve is ideally suited for hydraulic control operations.
The Oliver Valvetek 3/4" and 1" Check Valve is ideally suited for chemical injection applications and is fully PR2 qualified to API 6A Appendix F and API 17D Section 307.
Subsea Check Valves are a widely used fail close barrier on chemical injection lines on both Christmas trees and manifold structures. Oliver Valvetek provide a range of check valves in stand only assemblies or integral within the valve body of other valves, such as gate valves.
The sprung poppet arrangements have been designed and flow tested to minimise the flow losses associated with check valves.
The small bore subsea check valves are qualified at different pressure ratings up to 1038bar (15,000psi) and are suitable for water depths to 3050m (10,000ft). Qualification testing is performed to the exacting standards of API 6A and 17D.
3/8" Subsea Check Valve
- The poppet design of check valve has a PTFE primary seal with a metal to metal back-up
- Design ideally suited for hydraulic control fluid applications
- Standard certification for pressure retaining and controlling parts are toAPI 6A and BS EN 10204 3.1 (3.2 option available).
3/4" and 1" Subsea Check Valves
- Successfully completed the PR2 Performance Verification Test of API 6A Appendix F and API 17D Section 307
- The poppet design of check valve has a Peek primary seal with a metal to metal back-up.
- Flow tested for accurate pressure loss data.
- Design ideally suited to be incorporated with gate or needle valves for chemical injection applications.
- Standard certification for pressure retaining and controlling parts are to API 6A and BS EN 10204 3.1 (3.2 option available).
|Subsea Check Valve Specifications|
|3/8" Pressure Rating||10,000 PSI [690 Bar]|
|3/8" Materials||Stainless Steel or Nickel Alloys|
|3/8" Operating Temperatures||-20F/-29C +250F/120C|
|3/8" Bore Size||0.38" [10mm]|
|3/4" Pressure Rating||15,000 PSI [1034 Bar]|
|3/4" Materials||Available in API Material Classes FF and HH to NACE MR-01-75 latest revision.|
|3/4" Operating Temperatures||-20F/-29C to +350F/177C|
|3/4" Bore Size||0.75" [19mm]|
|1" Pressure Rating||15,000 PSI [1034 bar].|
|1" Materials||Available in API Material Classes FF and HH to NACE MR-01-75 latest rev.|
|1" Operating Temperatures||-20F/-29C to +350F/177C|
|1" Bore Size||1.00" [25mm]|
Oliver Valvetek Limited manufactures three sizes of 'small bore' subsea check valves, 0.38"[10mm] bore, 0.75"[19mm] bore and 1.00"[25mm] bore. The 0.38" bore check valve has an operating pressure rating up to 10,000psi [690bar] and a operating temperature range of 0F[-18C] to +250F[+121C]; whilst the 0.75" and 1" bore designs are up to 15,000psi [1034bar] with an operating temperature range of -20F[-29C] to +350F[+177C].
The poppet seal for the 0.38" check valve is a fully encapsulated FKM o-ring, whilst in the 0.75" and 1" designed the seal is a fully encapsulated Peek labyrinth ring.
A range of springs has been designed to provide different cracking pressures and can be provided in a range of materials such as 316SS, X750 and Elgiloy.
Combination Check Valves
The check valves have been designed to be incorporated in a range of different body configurations. For example, integral within a gate valve for a chemical injection application; or as a twin check valve for a hydraulic control system.
Traceability of Materials
All the components within an Oliver subsea check valve have material traceability. The complete check valves are individually serialised and are provided with material and pressure test certificates to BS EN 10204 3.1 as standard, 3.2 optional