Oliver Valves have 2x fantastic opportunities for a Senior Buyer to join our world leading company. This is an exciting time to become part of the team, as we continue to grow.
Established for over 40 years, we are a premier manufacturer for the oil, gas and petrochemical industry – our valves are sold in over fifty countries – with a turnover of over £50 million.
We are looking for talented Senior Buyers with the ability to adapt swiftly and effectively to changing business requirements and challenge. You will be accountable for the supply of materials/components to meet the requirements of our customer base. This includes meeting cost, delivery, quality and service needs.
The successful Senior Buyer will be fully empowered to make decisions regarding demand and supply timescales, pricing and supplier selection.
What's On Offer
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- Exceptional support leading to personal development
- Fantastic working environment
- Real career progression
- Achieve > 98% on time delivery from suppliers to the Purchase order due date.
- Reduce Inventory equal to 12 stock turns (i.e. Annual spend/12)
- Achieve cost savings on standard part purchases by 10%.
- Negotiate prices with suppliers.
- Raise purchase orders using Syteline ERP system.
- Expedite supplier orders via phone calls and email.
- Update and maintain data within Syteline ERP and Intranet Systems.
- Work closely with the Quality team to ensure suppliers are clearly educated.
- Ensure that purchase orders are placed in a timely manner
- Maintain communication with the production team regarding delivery status relative to the targeted production jobs/orders.
- Generate clear ownership of products/processes/job roles within the team, providing clear direction.
- Professional qualification (CIPS) or relevant experience
- Background in component manufacturing
- Thorough understanding of MRP principles
- Proficient with MS Suite and ERP Software
- Customer focused and committed to continuous improvement
Don't miss out! Submit your CV for this Project Sales position now, and we will be in touch to discuss further.
Apply with your CV Now