Why Choose DBB?
What is a DBB?
A double block and bleed valve is used where double isolation is required for ensured leak tightness and safety, manufactured as a modular one-piece design. The DBB valves can be used for the following services:
• Pressure instrument isolation.
• Purge points.
• Sample points.
• Injection points.
• Process flow isolation.
Under certain conditions, double block and bleed systems are needed to prevent product contamination; they can also be considered for the on-stream isolation of equipment if the fluid is flammable or hazardous, or if the liquid is in high-pressure or high-temperature service.
Application of Double
Block and Bleed Valve
DBB valves are used where critical sealing is necessary to make sure no leakage occurs. Double Block and Bleed Valves from Oliver Valves can replace existing conventional techniques employed by pipeline engineers to generate a double block and bleed configuration in the pipeline. DBB valves can operate in various applications and industries, such as the Natural Gas, petrochemical, industrial processes for natural gas, main-line and multi-purpose valves in liquid pipelines, etc. The use of the DBB valve in many applications and industries has a significant benefit, especially in emergency scenarios.
Why Choose Oliver
Oliver Valves Pioneered the first Double Block & Bleed valve. The original manufactured DBB Valve being over 25 years old and over 500,000 sold globally.
Key Selling Points of our DBB Valves:
- Our compact design saves weight, space and reduces costly installation charges, rest assured, all valves from Oliver Valves are designed and tested within the requirements of API 6D, API6A, ASME B16.34, API 598 and ASME VIII.
- We eliminate space when compared with welding or bolting three individual valves together.
- We save direct labour and reduce costs of site installation.
- We have significantly reduced leakage paths – a huge benefit as fugitive emissions are so important (Qualified to ISO15848 part1).
- We only have one component to be ordered, therefore reducing inventory and site confusion.
- Reduced bending movement due to compact design negates the need for additional structural support – giving you weight and cost-saving.
- We can bring the pressure instrument closer to measurement, thus saving space which is most important on skid mounting applications or packages.
- A unique numbering system on each valve offers full component traceability.
- Material certification to BS EN 10204 3.1 or 3.2.
- DBB valves from Oliver Valves are designed to offer one valve solution, available in most sizes to fit in the same space as a single ball valve (ASME B16.10 overall length) or with the shortest possible face to face dimension. This allows for true double isolation with maximum safety and reducing process problems due to valve leakage.
Benefits of the Oliver
Double Block and Bleed
By strategically incorporating DBB Valves into a process system, you increase system integrity and reduce maintenance times.
The key benefits of a DBB valve are:
• DBB concept reduces weight up to 75%.
• DBB concept reduces cost by over 30%.
• DBB concept reduces space.
• DBB concept reduces leak paths.
• DBB concept increases safety.
- Upset forging for the body provides strength.
- 1st Isolate to ASME VIII class.
- Designed and Tested to the latest standards of Firesafe, NACE, ISO, API, ASME, ANSI.
- Anti-blowout spindle.
- Low Torque design up to 15k psi.
- Full traceability of all materials, offering Material certification to BS EN 10204 3.1 or 3.2.
- Unique serial numbers.
- 100’s of thousands installed and approved by Oil and Gas Operators worldwide.
- Please contact our sales team for references.
If you would like more information regarding our DBB valves, please contact Oliver Valves today!